January 22, 2014
My Top 5 Must Read Books for 2014
I have been perusing people's blogs, as usual, and this year as I scrolled through new year's resolutions and goals for 2014 I noticed reading seemed to pop up again and again. Since reading 20 books was one of my goals last year I thought I would share some of my favorites with you.
1. Start Something that Matters: This books is written by the founder of TOMS. I love the shoes but I love the story of this company even more. He masterminded a plan to combine his passions for charity and business and built a global company that is thriving! Check out my review of this book here.
2. The Circle Maker: If you are looking for a book to encourage and increase your faith in 2014, this is your book. Honestly, this is one I recommend reading every year as just a great reminder of the infinite possibilities we tap into through prayer. You can find more of my thoughts on this book here.
3. Same Kind of Different as Me: This is a true story of backwoods homeless man who grew up practically in slavery, a wealthy art dealer and the journey of their friendship. You'll laugh and cry in this book. A friend recommended it to me, and even let me borrow her copy to read, and now I am passing the recommendation on. I also did a book review on this one.
4. Sun Stand Still: This is another book that will stretch and grow your faith. Pastor Steven Furtick is the author and does an incredible job of helping the reader understand what it means to tap into God's greatness through our relationship with him and what it means to pray bold prayer. Prayers that are big enough to make the sun stand still. Find out more about the book here.
5. It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: Single ladies if you have a broken heart or just can't cut all ties from a guy you know you should, you will laugh your way to closure through this one. There are so many things in this book that helped me see clearly everything that I kept clouding up with my reminiscing heart. A must read for any single girl, broken-hearted or not.